Are you a creative person? Are you good at any kind of arts and crafts? Why not turn your talents into a business that allows you to make money? Do something you're good at and that you enjoy doing. You can make money doing what you actually enjoy.
Have a Business Plan
Turning your hobby into a business won't happen overnight. Establish your action plan. Prepare a listing of start up costs and first year expenses.
Generate new product ideas. Start off with a cheaper and/or better version of a product that has already proven to be in demand. You need to establish your products. Take action by testing your products in the marketplace.
- Set up your online store. Having an online presence makes it easy for customers to find you.
- Your product photos must be clear and beautiful.
- Do not underprice your products.
- Take samples of your work and business cards with you wherever you go.
- Don't quit your day job. Start your business by working evenings and weekends.
Places to Sell Your Crafts
- Arts and crafts shows
- Trade shows
- Fashion shows
- Selling to retailers
- Art galleries
- Mall kiosks
- Flea markets
- Home parties
- Amazon Handmade
We want you to enjoy doing what it is you want to do with your life. If you enjoy what you do and are good at it, your life will be more satisfying. There's nothing better than getting paid to do what you enjoy most.
Best of luck!