You landed an interview. Congratulations! You should take your interview seriously. Will you be able to convince the employer? Most people find job interviews so stressful. We have compiled a list of best interview tips for you.
Top 10 Interview Tips
- First impressions are very important. Be on time.
- You need to look professional. Dress appropriately. Don't wear jeans or shorts. Polish your shoes.
- Make sure you are nicely groomed. Your hair should be clean and neat. Your nails should be clean and trimmed.
- Research the employer before the interview.
- Study the description of the job for which you have applied.
- Bring extra copies of your resume, pen and notepad. Make sure to turn off your cell phone.
- Make eye contact, smile and give a firm handshake (but not too firm).
- Wait to be told where to sit. Sit up straight.
- Speak clearly and confidently. Keep your answers brief and to the point. Always look your interviewer in the eye when speaking.
- Never interrupt your interviewer. Be a good listener. Be professional, be responsive and friendly.
Job Interview Don'ts
- Don't shake with both hands or touch any other part of the body.
- Don't put your hands in your pockets.
- Don't chew gum.
- Don't sit down until you are invited to do so.
- Don't sit with your legs crossed.
- Don't spread your legs.
- Don't shake your legs or foot while sitting.
- Don't cross your arms over your chest.
- Don't talk about money.
- Don't criticize or complain about former employers.
After the interview send a thank you note. You can send your note by mail or by email.
Best wishes for your job interview!