Mystery shopping is a legitimate business and a growing source of supplementary income for many people. Businesses want to know what the experiences of average customers are like so they can improve the shopping experience. That's why they hire mystery shoppers.
No education or training is needed to become a mystery shopper. You do not need to have experience.
Skills of Good Mystery Shoppers
- Great memory
- Eye for detail
- Be reliable
- Internet savvy
- Ability to keep confidential information secure
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Submit your report in a timely manner
Steps to Become a Mystery Shopper
- Sign up with legitimate mystery shopping companies.
- Check your email for opportunities. Find assignments that match your abilities and skills.
- Apply for jobs you wish to complete.
- Complete assignment in a timely manner.
- Get paid.
What Types of Businesses Use Mystery Shoppers
Retail, fast food, restaurants, drug stores, hair salons, cruise lines, airports, health clubs, banks, resorts, coffee shops, auto dealerships, medical care, car rentals, casinos, hotels, golf courses, jewelry stores, funeral homes, movie theaters, spas, gas stations and more.
- Never pay to become a mystery shopper.
- We recommend setting up a separate email address for your mystery shopping jobs.
- Sign up with as many companies as possible.
- Create a PayPal account. Most mystery shopping companies pay by PayPal.